Sunday, December 4, 2016

Music Genre: Orchestral Dubstep

Music Genre: Orchestral Dubstep


     In case you haven't picked-up on my overly obsessive taste for mixing and mashing music together, one of my favorite genres as of late is, well, I'll label it as Orchestral Dubstep. Dubstep used to just be a heavy-drop and beat-heavy techno and electronic music, but it has since morphed into all genres and styles of music. From "brutal-dubstep" to "melodic-dubstep" to "chill-step" to "metal-step" and integrating R&B and Hip-Hop, dub is becoming popular in all fecets of the music community. Below I'll link a few videos and songs that mix some of these elements into what I believe to be masterfully (digitally) orchestrated pieces of work.


          Although I could break-out a playlist, I only wanted to sprinkle a fewer less-known artists that have very extended genre styles, like Kari Sigurdsson merging electric gutiar and electronica sounds in order to orchestrate an epic score.

Kari Sigurdsson - Beyond The Horizon

     As mentioned previously, there exists Metalcore Dubstep and Trap Music (which is more rap, with electronica beats, brought back by famous artists Young Jeezy and Three 6 Mafia), but this blog is directed more towards the instrumental and independant side, like Manstub's mix, "War," below.


        Although I refuse to link entire playlists, you can find similar "epic" music by searching "Orchestal Music Mix" playlist on any major social media network. But before I let you go... why this music? I think this type of music is under-played and too easily written-off. It's integrated in most music scores you see in modern movies, in modern pop music and hop-hop music, the heavy beats and drops find their way into the music industry, and I think they're here at least for the upcoming generation.


     Disagree? Voice your opinion! Be nice. Give reasons, and share what YOU think is better! In the mean time, check out the artists and please share YOUR favorite dubstep, techno, or electronica type music below.

Christopher J. Rosario, Writer, Entertainer, Freethinker, San Antonio, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment